Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Novel Debut in the Time of Upheaval...

“People think art comes out of strife. No, art comes out of love... Strife, you’re making art in spite of it. Love, you’re making art because of it.”
--— Rhiannon Giddens   

Hello dear readers,

Hope you are all well and getting through these tumultuous times.

Those of you who know my work know that I look for history in the footnotes for my stories.  I have a profound appreciation for those who have come before, who have made my life possible. Most of our ancestors have been left out of history... people of color, immigrants, women. Fiction fills some of those gaps. I hope you'll enjoy my latest release, Mercies of the Fallen. 

Celebrating in social isolation!
Sister Ursula Kingsley is content with her secluded life in a convent, until the bloodiest day of the Civil War. Blinded immigrant Canadian soldier Sergeant Rowan Buckley is in deep love with the woman who pulled him off the battlefield.  He knows she’s full of secrets, but is treason one of them?

My favorite first reviews have come from readers in the helping professions...

"Sat up until midnight last night to finish reading Mercies of the Fallen.  What a marvelous read, and such a relief to escape our current reality via gifted storytelling!"  Andrea P., firefighter and Emergency Medical Technician 

"Now that I have read both of the books in the American Civil War Brides I recommend buying them for someone in the medical profession. An essential worker would enjoy a couple of books that offer a great escape from the harsh realities we are all facing." 
-- Michelle W., nurse







No comments:

Post a Comment